Sunday, 10 June 2012

SPF Free Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

So the last time I posted I was on the look out for a new foundation without SPF to help my ever so ghostly white face catch a tan for summer. 
I went into Boots on a mission to purchase the new foundation and came away with Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in shade 52.
This is what it looks like.


On the bottle it says it lasts for 16 hours and its radiance boosting with ingredients such as:
Apricot - Radiance
Melon - Hydration 
Apple - Anti Oxidants
Ginger - Energy

I decided to go for the Bourjois range as I had heard other make up artist rave about how good it was for a drug store foundation and I had never used any make up for the Bourjois range so I thought I'd give it a try. 

I found it easy to find my colour as most of the colours in the Healthy Mix Range are yellow toned and they aren't orange at all. I wanted a natural coverage so I went for 52 which is called Vanilla and there are 8 shades to choose from altogether. 

Loved Because...

The smell is gorgeous it smells fruity and fresh, it glides onto the face well and is easy to work with unlike some other long lasting foundations. The texture is light and creamy and It doesn't dry too quickly and gives a pretty good coverage. Surprisingly it does actually last through out a whole day at work without feeling like your wearing a thick layer of foundation.
Another amazing plus is that it doesn't contain any SPF not sure why it doesn't though considering its promoting a healthy mix foundation, surely adding an SPF to protect would make it healthier. But this will stop you from looking washed out in photos.

Did Not Love Because...
When reading the ingredients I found that it contained alcohol and obviously this is not healthy for the face.
There is a rumour that Bourjois foundations can break peoples skin out, and I had completely forgot about this until my skin started to break out after just a week and a bit of using it. My skin hadn't broken out that bad in a long time so I could only assume that it was the foundation. 
I have recently only been using foundations that are oil free and healthy mix does not state that its oil free. 
So if your prone to break outs or already have oily, combination skin then steer well clear unless you want awful skin.

I still have pretty much the whole bottle left which is a shame, so I may try using this again in the future and see if it has the same effect.