Wednesday, 18 July 2012

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation



Hey guys! I thought id do this post today on a MAC foundation that I have had for a while now, and I think this is one of the first posts I'm doing on a MAC product which is crazy!!

I brought this foundation back when I was in America last year. When I was speaking to the make up artist in store I said I wanted a foundation with the same staying power that Estee Lauder's Double Wear has. 
And this is the one she recommended. 
Ive had some MAC foundation before but Ive never really been impressed, as i think the colouring is Way to orange for me. 
The colour I brought it in is NC35, when first applied to the skin it looks a seriously orange colour, but in fact once its left to dry it looks so natural on the skin, with a really good full coverage.

Staying power?

I wanted another high end foundation to mimic what double does for staying power. Pro Long Wear claims it  lasts for 15 hours also, and I think that is partially true, not as good as DW but still good through out the whole day and doesn't come off on clothes either.

Coverage? 

The coverage is really good for this one, I would defiantly say medium to full, although MAC say its sheer to medium. It hides blemishes and gives skin that all over even flawless look. The colour changes to fit my skin perfectly.

Application?

Unlike normal liquid foundations that are easy to apply because they spread so well, pro long wear is a lot harder to work with, as it doesn't glide on the skin as easy and doesn't go as far as other liquid foundations. I tried applying it with a brush but gave up as it was too hard and taking too long. I finished off with my fingers in the areas that needed it. 

Another good point is that it looks great in photos, leaves a really natural dewy look, and gives you a nice tanned colour to the skin, unlike the double wear which makes you look like a ghost. 
Highly recommend this product to anyone, and especially good to have in your kit bag in a range of colours as well. 

Retails for £24.00