Thursday, 7 May 2015

A View From The Shard



After lunch at Hutong we had our tickets for A View From The Shard.
You can go up to the very top floor which is the 72nd, which just happens to be outside, I didn't even know about that until the day.
So you are basically at the top of the tallest building in London and you are outside which is mental.
 
It was quite literally mind blowing, you could see for 40 miles, and all the prominent land marks in London.
Once you get to the viewing platforms you can spend as long as you like up there, which is really good as there is a couple of viewing floors and interactive telescopes that you can use to look at what London would look like at night time, summer time and current day.
 
Obviously you never know what the weather is going to be like in the UK and The Shard have a really good policy, which is if you cannot see at least three of the main landmarks you can return for free within three months.
 
I have to say though London is pretty boring to look at from that height, I have been to the Empire State Building and The Rockefeller in New York and I found that much more interesting.
Its probably because I'm from London and Know it so well.
 
One thing that I did find really interesting was spotting a film unit base, and then realising that had been my unit base for a programme last year.
 
But be prepared to travel up in a number of lifts and have your ears pop the whole way.
 
How Was I Up That High
 
Shaun In The City


Tower Bridge


Having a giggle on the 72nd floor!!


See If You Can Spot The Film Unit Base