Thursday, 27 August 2015

Rooftop Film Club


A couple of weekends ago in August on a super hot sunny Saturday I had probably the best day of my summer with one of my best friends, and here is why :) 

I mainly want to use this post to tell you about the amazing rooftop cinema club. But before I do that I have to mention another restaurant that I tried out that was Meat Liquor. 
I'll try keep it short and sweet, we stumbled across it while actually trying to get off busy Oxford street. 
The interior is pretty weird for a burger joint and it's super dark inside but very different to your normal restaurant which is always a winner. 
We both ordered the cheeseburger which weirdly enough only came on one tray which I wasn't a fan of. 
However the burger was good but nothing too spectacular, and the service was literally terrible, barely anyone paid us attention until we finally had to ask them to attend to us and we had about three different servers. 



So the rooftop film club, there's quite a few that you can visit in London but the one I went to was in Peckham and I would say it's probably the best one and if you look at my photos you will see why. 

This is probably my third post to do with luxury / different cinemas and it is by far my favourite. 
I cannot rave about it enough, it really is for everyone and it's the ideal dream date situation. What better than watching the sunset over London and then watching a movie on a rooftop in cute deckchairs. 


Tickets are £14 each and seats are on a first come first serve basis. 
I would suggest getting there earlier to try out the cute rooftop bar opposite which is home to pizza pilgrims and a range of drinks that you can take through to the cinema. Then the rooftop opens an hour before the film starts so that gives you just enough time to take some pictures of the amazing view and grab your popcorn and sweets. 

Blankets are also provided on arrival, trust me you'll need these even in the height of summer it gets pretty chilly up there. 

We went to see Labryinth, many of the movies put on are old school classics, but make sure you book in advance as it does tend to sell out. 

Since going I have had a few friends who have visited and absolutely loved it and so many people have asked me about it. 

My favourite way to watch a film now, I cannot wait to go back.