Wednesday, 23 December 2015

SAID Dal 1923 London


 
Let me show you this little gem of a coffee shop in London that I just somehow happened to stumble across on Instagram. ( This is why I love Instagram hashtags ) 
For those of you that ask me that's how I find a lot of the places I go to. 
 

It is the most unusual coffee shop I have ever been to, but in the best way. 
Who doesn't love a cup of coffee covered with melted milk, dark and white chocolate?
Not sure anyone would say no to that. 
 
As far as I am aware it is the only one in London, although it has been a chocolate factory in Rome for over 90 years and it's run solely by Italians, and I just love that.
 It's very authentic and rustic inside, with a whole counter full of amazing handmade chocolates to choose from. 
There is a shelf full of Said chocolate spread in bottles which you can buy and I hear it puts Nutella to shame.
They also have a large selection of cakes to choose from which obviously come with melted chocolate of your choice also. 
 
I wish I had taken more pictures of the interior as one wall was completely covered with silver chocolate molds which looked really cool. 
We sat on the big table toward the back of the shop on milk churns, which is a cute touch. Anything different and quirky like that I absolutely love.

What we had
 
 
My friend and I both had the Mocha's. On the menu it says that the Mocha comes with all the melted chocolate but I think you can get it with the hot chocolate too.
Obviously I just had to get the little chocolate cup filled with melted chocolate with a chocolate spoon. You can choose exactly what chocolate you want, so mix it up.
 
 
I basically overdosed on chocolate and it was the best thing in the world, and amazingly I didn't even feel ill afterwards haha.
 
The coffee shop usually is always busy as its only small but as long as you don't mind sitting close to or with others then you shouldn't have to wait too long.
 
Its a great place to meet for a catch up or even on a date, I mean the way to any girls heart has to be a cute coffee shop AND chocolate.
 
The staff are absolutely lovely and all Italian stallions as well so get learning your Italian girls.