Tuesday, 5 April 2016

The Alchemist



Location - The Alchemist Bevis Marks London
 
If your looking to try something a little different in the way of cocktails then you must try The Alchemist.
 
The Alchemist is the ideal place for Friday night drinks after work or perfect to celebrate a special occasion.
As well as having a beautiful bar area they also have a restaurant hidden at the back.
 
The D├ęcor is absolutely stunning with waterfall fairy light hanging down over every floor to ceiling window.
Perfect for an intimate catch up over dinner and drinks.
 
We visited on the Saturday night of the Easter Bank Holiday weekend, so instead of risking it with just grabbing a seat at the bar and having cocktails we decided to book a table for dinner and try out the menu which is full of great cuisines, so there's something for everyone to enjoy. 
 
 
 
The Restaurant
 
The restaurant was very busy which you would expect for a Saturday night so I would highly suggest pre booking a table. The bar was not as busy as I imagined it would be, so we could of got away with grabbing a seat down there for the evening if we had decided to do that.
However I am so glad we decided to have dinner there as I was seriously impressed with the choice on the menu that I was torn between what to order.
 
 
 
 
 Starters : Cheese Nachos and Prawn Lollipops
 
 
Mains : Fajitas with Chicken 
Chicken Quesadillas and Sweet Potato Fries. 
 
The fajitas were some of the best I had tried, I didn't know what to expect from the food as I know they are known for their cocktails but it did not disappoint. 
As you can see with the fajitas you get a lot for your money and I would love to go back again and try out more on the menu. 
We decided not to do desserts and try out more cocktails instead haha.
 
 
Cocktails 
 
Lady Marmalade - I had to get the potion one obviously as its just so cool and I love the idea it comes out separately so you can pour it yourself and be in awe of the smoke that comes from it. 
White Chocolate Raspberry Martini - I saw this one before I even visited and knew I would love it. It was probably my fave of them all. Creamy and sweet and a definite cocktail ideal for after dinner. 

My friend ordered the Bubble Bath and Passion fruit Meringue Martini which both looked and tasted amazing.
 
 

 
 
After dinner drinks at the bar
 
The Colouring Changing One - If you want to see a video of how this worked head over to my Instgram gemyd
The Screwball, Hot and Cold Espresso Tini and Chocolate Orange.
 
 
 
 
 

 
The cocktails were amazing I could easily have tried out the whole menu as they all sounded delicious. I will most definitely be taking a trip back there to try out even more.
So if your looking for something a little different or even to impress someone on a date then I would recommend The Alchemist.
The restaurant and bar staff were lovely and very attentive to our every need.

Check out my Instagram for videos from The Alchemist.
Hope you enjoyed this post, if you have anywhere else that I should try then please comment below :)