Sunday, 8 January 2017

Ladurée Paris



Over the holiday season I visited Paris, France to spend New Years Eve in the city of romance.
If you've ever been to France before then you will of heard of the famous dessert, Macaroons.

What and Where ?

There are many Macaroon companies in France but the most popular is Laduree, famous for its Macaroons and delicious desserts.
We visited the Champs - Elysees branch which is in the centre of Paris found on the famous road Champs-Elysees which is home to many designer shops and is ideal if you are visiting Paris for shopping and good food. You will find the Arc De Triumph at the end of this road also.

There is usually a long wait to get into the tea rooms so its best to book in advance.
But if its just sweet treats your after then you can head straight into the main entrance and queue up inside while you wait for someone to take your order.
It was so busy when we visited and I'm glad we just got the take out treats as the line to be seated was so long.

Desserts and Macaroons

As you can see from the photos below I went for a box of 8 macaroons of my choice and two special desserts. I'd always wanted to visit Laduree so I treated myself although they all looked so delicious I wanted to try them all.
I got the macaroons in a normal box rather than a gift box as its cheaper and 8 macaroons are already 16 Euros.

The two big desserts that I purchased were way better than I expected them to be. Especially the big macaroon with the fresh raspberries. This was recommended to me by one of the sales assistants in the store.
The other dessert had a passion fruit filling which as you can imagine was amazing.
I would recommend taking a trip to see the beautiful bakery. You can have lunch and dinner upstairs also and the décor is beautiful.

Tip - If your visiting and its exceptionally busy and all you want to buy is the macaroons, then take the door at the right end of the front of the building, hardly anyone knows its there and its a quick and easy way to buy macaroons.